Thursday, May 26, 2011

Operation: Hot Sizzle

September 2007; on the left

Once upon a time I was an itty bitty thing. I cannot believe I use to think I was "fat." I was delusional to put it lightly.

August 2007

February 2008, on the left again

October 31, 2009, I'm on the left,
this is the day I got pregnant and it all went to shit

huge gut, arms, thighs are massive, and I have the lunch lady ass

I have about 4 neck rolls and 2 or 3 chins

and I look pregnant ... but I'm not

Sunday I started pilates, tonight I did my first Zumba class, and I just heard there's a place that offers free pilates classes on Saturday mornings. I'm on the hunt for a better-paying job, have a tour/interview at UPS in a couple of weeks. It won't be fun by any means and I will miss doing hair and makeup, but I'm being screwed at the salon I work for (not one appointment in a week or more is not normal nor is it my fault when I'm constantly telling people about me and directing them to come in and ask for me). $15 or less per check is like a slap in my face.

I won't give up on my hair and makeup profession, but I'm done working in salons. I get so little support from people even doing freelance, which to an extent I understand because we're all broke, but all I ask is to set an appointment for 3 months from now to save up for the $35 or $45 haircut + tip. People don't want to, yet some complain when they go to Great Clips for a $6 haircut and leave unhappy.

Off of that negative soap box.

I'm determined to get myself back in shape, get money coming in, get my own place, become an adult. Maybe fall in love somewhere along the lines, but I'm not aspiring for that anymore. It takes over my life if I let it so screw it. I'm tired of looking for it, it can look for me from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment