Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm About to Say Something You Won't Like

I'm not that great at being a mom. I lose my patience often and it was never something I wanted to be anyway. That being said, I do love my James. I'm just not crazy in love with motherhood. I'm not going to be the mom who sews up Halloween costumes or costumes for plays. If something gets ripped, I'll just buy something to replace it because I can't sew. He'll be in sports and the arts, I'll even teach him how to dance so he's not awkward at prom, but please don't think this is all first nature to me. I'm making it up as I go. I cuss, prefer tattoos to jewelry, I don't go out of my way to look fabulous most days (only if I have to, really), and after an hour I'm so tired of trying to entertain an 8 month old, I tend to just sit. If any of this seems wrong to you, stop following my blog now because I'm sure on my bad days (we all have them so stop pretending you don't) you're going to hate my posts where I vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment